1997 gsx oil leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

big island

Premium Member
Premium Member
Last weekend was the first time I took the skis out since I bought them.After cleaning I noticed oil in the engine compartment.I cleaned it up and have been monitoring with oil absorbent pads.I placed pads under the tank were the hoses are attached and the pads become saturated.this was the first time the tanks have been filled since I bought them cause they were in storage for awhile with minimum oil in the tanks.I am new to skis so dont know much about them....any good ideas on what to check and how..could it possible be coming from the tank seam or would it be the hose connections...can't really tell...how is the hose connection sealed to the tank cause it moves fairly easily when turned

The most common problem with the tanks is the seam, They develope leaks at the seam.... Due to the limited oil consumption i recomend to my customers to only fill the tank just below the seam and the problem goes away.

There is a small black rubber gromet that slides in the bottom of the tank around the hose but I have not found that to leak very often.

:agree: But on my 1997 Challenger jet boat, it dripped from the bottom gromit...after it was replaced no more problems.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back