1996 xp800 bog

jordan36w

Hey everyone, been struggling to get my last issue worked out of my ski. So i got a problem with the ski stalling if i gun it from idle. But if i kinda play with it a bit to get it over 3000rpm or so it will run fine. If i pull the choke half way and release it really quick it will not stall and i can get it up to rpm much easier. WOT surges at around 6500rpm like it’s starving for fuel.

Motor has 43 hours had it replaced 2 years ago with a SBT, replaced rotary valve and cover then as well. I just rebuilt both carbs with OEM kits all new fuel hose, and fuel selector and filter and am still having issues.

From what i know it seems I’m running lean. I have attempted to adjust both low and high speed screws so no avail which leads me to believe I have some sort of vacuum leak. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

have you looked at your RAVE valves and verify they are clean and operating? Sounds like they could be stuck open to some degree.

Are your low and high adjusters back to original specs?

have you looked at your RAVE valves and verify they are clean and operating? Sounds like they could be stuck open to some degree.

Are your low and high adjusters back to original specs?
Yes, when I did one of the springs was broken and the threads on one cap was striped. Replaced both and valve was clean. High 0 low 1. From lightly seated. Also tried turning the high and low out 1 turn each and made almost no difference.

Back