1996 seadoo spx starts on its own??

brandonnoon

I have a 1996 seadoo spx 717 and I'm having issues that I get no beeps when key pushed on and then nothing happens, no click or anything. Then out of nowhere the ski will just start up and run but when pulling the key lanyard the ski will not shut off, I have to pull the choke or pull the sparkplug wires off. I have an aftermarket SBT MPEM that is new and after hooking it up the ski still does exactly the same thing as described above and will not start.

Would you have any directions on where to approach for troubleshooting this issue and getting it to run correctly?

Two things I would look at, the start switch and the carb settings. The beeping, well I get it to work randomly on my ski but she always cranks over. I am assuming the key is still on and the start button is not being pressed when it just starts randomly, that could be the start switch contacts. As for the not shutting off that could be the switch again...or also sounds like you could be running lean. You haven't adjusted anything on the carb?

Just another quick thing, clean your key insides. to make sure it is contacting the post well.

Back