1996 Seadoo Spx - Cleaning Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike martinez

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello everyone :)

I have a 96 seadoo SPX which runs excellent right now.
I had a few questions because I see my friends cleaning their rave's and doing little things here and there to make sure their ski is running clean. On my 727 motor I dont have any raves and I was wondering what are some small steps I could take to ensure my motor and all my systems are running clean.

All feedback would be great appreciated :hat:

Last edited by a moderator:
No RAVE's and No 727 either....

No, you don't have RAVE's and in a way, you should be thankful, although they were patented by Rotax as a way to increse horsepower.
Your engine is a 717cc Rotax, not a 727 (that's in a Boeing airliner). But your motor is sometimes referred to as a 720.
The 85 hp 717 requires little maintenance outside the norm of checking your plugs, cleaning your fuel filters, lubricating your engine and linkages with a water displacing lubricant (I use Cosmoline, others use WD-40) greasing your splines at your PTO shaft seal and maybe testing your electrical charging circuit for proper operation (with the ski running, a multi meter test should show about 13.5 to 14 vdc being supplied to your battery, about 12 with it shut down).
You should be thankful that your maintenance is less than theirs........you've got more ridin time than they do!..............:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back