1996 seadoo spx 720 turns off on idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

laze

Hello, The jet ski when its on water on idle it turns off. And when its out of the water on idle it stays on. What could be the problem of this, Could you guys help me out?

More info please?

Laze, not quite enough info here, but I'd take a stab at it and say, if it runs good on land without water, then your problem will have something to do with water getting into the combustion chamber. Give more descriptive information for better results..........
Oh, BTW, I thought you said you were a noob, what ever that is, about skis and in your profile, you say your the owner of a 99 GSX RFI. Although that doesn't matter, I was just curious if you were working on two skis.

Just a shot...

Mine was having this problem when the water got colder. It ran fine on land, then when I put it in the water and the cold water circulated through the engine, it kept it cool enough that the engine was running too rich. It kept fouling the plugs if I let it idle, but would run fine above idle.

I quickly fixed it by leaning out the idle mixture. Still a little finicky in cold water, but will run great after about 30 seconds of running. In fact, runs great now down to right at 60 degrees, when it hits 60 or cooler, it is a little bit harder to keep running when cool. But I can live with that, and the water is starting to warm up now for the season.

Mine has no choke so I cannot run it at half choke until it warms up.

Well my friend owns the 1996 seadoo spx 720 im just letting him use my username to ask you guys questions, since i told him you guys were very useful and might find out his problem. But besides that his jet ski runs very good on the water and full speed like nothing is wrong with it.. But when he stops on idle in the water.. it just cuts off on him. Thats the only problem hes having.

Yeah, so help your buddy out...

:D

Same description I gave of my problem. Help him lean it out...see if it works.

And have your friend sign up with his own username before he gets drunk, logs on, and makes a fool out of YOU!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back