1996 GTX and 2000 GTI carb issues

1996 GTX first. I built both carbs, all mikuni parts, learned my lesson a few years back. Ski starts a cranks excellent when cold. Once it heats up you have to feather the throttle to get it going. no issues with it once its running. It is oil deleted with mixed gas, oil only running to the crank. spark plugs look pretty good after a year of riding on them. I tried to see if it was a tank venting issue but everything is fine and no pressure in the tank. The only running performance issue is that it is slow out of the hole, something in the jet pump either wear ring or impeller.

2000 GTI issue. Most likely a carb issue but figured I would check before I pulled it apart. It is a little slow to start when its cold, requires the choke. runs perfect for about the firs hour or so on the water. If it stays running there are no issues, if you shut it down it is boggy on the first acceleration out of the hole and then it runs perfect again, leaning towards a clogged carb screen but the last time I checked it was perfect. I rebuilt and tuned carbs for both skis, this is how I found to only use Mikuni, the plastic flap is the vertex rebuild kit is to stiff and requires the ski to run with the choke half pulled, Took me half a season to figure out what was causing it. THis ski has a solas impeller and wear ring it comes out of the hole with ease except for as described.

None of the normal tuning symptoms.

Back