1996 Gsx

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDGUNS07

I bought my ski last year and have only been able to ride it a few time. Whenever I'm out on the water the ski makes a weird sound when it is at idle, but as soon as you hit the gas the sound goes away. It sounds like the engine is rumbling back and forth, but honestly I have no idea what it could possibly be. The guy I bought it from said it might be a gas knock, but that was not the case. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on??

Welcome to the seadoo forum NDGUNS07. I would check out the impeller and shaft in the jet pump assy. Is there debris in there? Also check the engine mounts inside the hull. Grab the engine and pull it back and forth. It shouldn't move at all. If it does it could be the engine bobbing around at idle and putting pressure on the drive shaft causing a noise at idle. Keep us posted on the problem. If you want to do your own repairs I would suggest becoming a premium member and download a repair manual from the seadoo library of authentic seadoo manuals. The manuals have pictures and lots of helpful information to keep your seadoo up and running. From wire diagrams, troubleshooting, repair procedures and parts breakdowns. You can read it on line as a pdf file or download it and print it off for your own personal and privet use. Click on the link at the top of the page under "Seadoo Manuals" for details. It's not free, but it is priceless if you do your own repairs or maintenance. Again welcome and if you have any more questions feel free to ask away. This is a friendly forum with many active members eager to help.
Karl

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. Hopefully it all gets fixed soon so I can finally enjoy the ski to the fullest.

Great, if you need more info give us a shout ...Spring is just around the corner so now is the time to get it in tip top shape.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back