1995 waveraider worth buying?

saw an ad for a 1995 yamaha waveraider on CL, are these any good? jetdrift says they're rather unpredictable? what does that really mean anyway? I'm looking for something like a 95 XP but haven't seen any so figured I'd try something similar for now.

Yeha there not bad. What motor does it have in it? The hull can do things without you expecting it. Depends on the price never Owned one but almost bought one a couple times for the right price I wouldn’t steer you away from it

Ok

that’s the slowest one it’s also very reliable the 95 xp will be about 7 mph faster so it’s up to you if your gunna be satisfied with that
Yes, if it’s the 701 very very reliable, I had one in a Wet Jet, rose it for about 8 years straight and never did a single thing to it and I don’t think it lost any compression however that happens after over 100 hours of riding.

The 95' Raider hull sucks. It is a wet ride and handles like crap, they only really like to go straight. The 701 is a great engine but not very fast in that hull either. Top speed is only 50 mph.
Not even close to comparing it to a 95' XP. Top speed is about 54-55.

Back