1995 Speedster - Aftermarket Swim Ladder for Granddaughters - Any & All experiences !

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEK9898

Hey Folks ,
I am looking for a great swim ladder for my 1995 Speedster.... I have been looking on e-bay and there are , above swim platforms models , and below swim platforms models (which I would prefer ).... When I look at any 1995 Speedster from the back on You Tube , in the water , it doesn't look like there is enough room for a ladder.... It looks like the bottom of the swim platform sits right on the water , and if the ladder was mounted underneath it would be dragging in the water and slowing the boat down.... It looks to me like the middle of the platform would be a good mounting spot.... I need something solid as Grampy isn't quite as " slim " as he used to be....lol... Any and all makes , models , and ideas will be graciously excepted.....

My Heart goes out to all the people that have been affected by this senseless tragedy in Boston !!
" May we all live in Peace and Harmony some day Very Soon " !!

Thanking You All in Advance !!

Thanx Lou !! Wow , I am starting to get results now....
Aqua performance is the ladder of choice.... Thanx again Lou !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I`m communicating with Aqua step now to finding a solution for a custom step similar to what the ski`s use... retractable step...
I just sent over the dimensions of that factory mounting area...
so we`ll see what shakes...

Hey THANX for this Pale Rider..... I also sent them an email to see if they
had outfitted a 95 Speedster before , just waiting for a reply also....
We will keep in touch Budd .... Thanx again !!

I take it Aqua Performance and Aqua step are one and the same ??

LEK9898: Your swim deck sits at the water when you are at a stand still. But... as soon as you start going (at speed) then it's out of the water by the height of the transom.

The company in the link above made the ladders for SeaDoo on the latter year boats. They are GREAT ladders, and if Pale Rider is getting something made... I would recommend buying the same one.

With that said... a below deck is nice... but if you get one of their above deck ladders... it will still be very functional.

Here's the one that came from the factory in the Islandia. The boat is a 2002, and it's going strong. AND... I use it to get in and out of the boat when it's on the trailer. (so it's sporting my full weight) Some of the other ladder companies tell you not to use them out of the water.

LEK9898: Your swim deck sits at the water when you are at a stand still. But... as soon as you start going (at speed) then it's out of the water by the height of the transom.

The company in the link above made the ladders for SeaDoo on the latter year boats. They are GREAT ladders, and if Pale Rider is getting something made... I would recommend buying the same one.

With that said... a below deck is nice... but if you get one of their above deck ladders... it will still be very functional.

Here's the one that came from the factory in the Islandia. The boat is a 2002, and it's going strong. AND... I use it to get in and out of the boat when it's on the trailer. (so it's sporting my full weight) Some of the other ladder companies tell you not to use them out of the water.

that is one sweeet ladder set up on the Islandia. BRP should have incorporated the above deck type on all the boats.:facepalm:

The factory ladder on the Challenger was a joke, so sloppy...

anyway, I just sent Manny Alvarez @ Aqua step some specs, pics, and notes and we`ll see what he says.
But I`m opting for the retractable single step going in the factory location. so it will just be enough to step up and gran the handle to pull myself in... otherwise everyone else waits for shallow water to exit from the bow, or when at the dock...

I don`t plan on using it a lot, just there for when I need it. for those times I`m in deep water...

if the retractable style doesnt work out, I`m sure Manny will recommend something and I`ll alter the plan to suit...:cheers:

369.jpg

Hey Thanx for this info Dr. Honda and Pale Rider !! I watched some video's on You Tube
and it looked like the bottom of the swim platform was right on the water....
That didn't make sense to me , as my old fishing boat lifted and skimmed along
the top of the water...

This video is one of them , but it is not to clear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j6vDaiupkE

Now that I look at it a little closer , I see in spots of the video that the platform
is lifted off the water....
By the way I like your Islandia !!
When I look at your ladder , I like that you can use it out of the water....Right now I
use a 6ft. step ladder to get in and out on land ....
I am starting to get things prepared for the season ahead....

I stored the Speedster in a friends small barn for the winter I have to pull it out
and have the engine repaired from last years debacle ( No Compression in one cylinder )
after 3 runs of ten mins. each , on rebuilt engine.... I would think it overheated but there
was no warning buzzer it just shut down each time would restart and not go over 1500
on the tach... The ignition buzzer works but I don't know if it has a separate warning
buzzer and shut-off for overheating.... I want to tackle it myself but not sure if I have
enough knowledge.... I don't think there is much damage maybe a piston , as there are
specks of aluminum on the spark plug....

Thanx again for all the help Pale Rider and Doc. H.

Hey Thanx for this info Dr. Honda and Pale Rider !! I watched some video's on You Tube
and it looked like the bottom of the swim platform was right on the water....
That didn't make sense to me , as my old fishing boat lifted and skimmed along
the top of the water...

This video is one of them , but it is not to clear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j6vDaiupkE

Now that I look at it a little closer , I see in spots of the video that the platform
is lifted off the water....
By the way I like your Islandia !!
When I look at your ladder , I like that you can use it out of the water....Right now I
use a 6ft. step ladder to get in and out on land ....
I am starting to get things prepared for the season ahead....

I stored the Speedster in a friends small barn for the winter I have to pull it out
and have the engine repaired from last years debacle ( No Compression in one cylinder )
after 3 runs of ten mins. each , on rebuilt engine.... I would think it overheated but there
was no warning buzzer it just shut down each time would restart and not go over 1500
on the tach... The ignition buzzer works but I don't know if it has a separate warning
buzzer and shut-off for overheating.... I want to tackle it myself but not sure if I have
enough knowledge.... I don't think there is much damage maybe a piston , as there are
specks of aluminum on the spark plug....

Thanx again for all the help Pale Rider and Doc. H.

you absolutely need to fix any issues that made the first engine crap out... or the cycle will repeat over and over again...

overheating will stick a piston, overheating will also show tell tale signs, like a melted hose if run long enough...
My guess would be the carb settingsif the engine could get over 1500 rpm`s, then something is def wrong...

another thing to consider with any rebuild is what was taken apart in the ignition/Magneto/flywheel assembly. it`s possible that all that is out of sync and the timing is way off... that would also show alum on the piston from detonation... that type of detonation should have been audible enough to hear something wrong...

hope you find the gremlin...

whatever you choose, remove the engine and work on it on a bench or stand... it`s just to dam crazy to work on the top end and align the cylinders in the boat... sure it can e done, but you`ll break your azz...

The engine was running at variable speeds between 3,000 - 6,000 rpms. (there was more left ) , it would run on the water for about 10 mins. and shutdown....
When you went to restart the engine it would only run at 1,500 rpms.... This happened at 3 different launches....
" I was hoping someone knew an answer on the warning buzzer ".... I think you guy's here were right last year , when many said the carb was running lean...Perhaps it overheated because of the lean condition.... Anyway there is no compression in that cylinder like I said and specks of aluminum covering theLarrys pics 178.jpg spark plug.... That was only the last time I pulled it , the plugs were fine after the first 2 runs ....
Would the rings have collapsed or is there a hole in the piston (seem's likely the piston if there is aluminum on them ) , I don't know....The engine was rebuilt in the boat , we had no alignment tool.... My friend also put new shafts , bearings , seals and Solas Impellars on it.... My $600.00 boat with 1 blown cyl. has turned into a bit of a nightmare.... lol.....

The engine was running at variable speeds between 3,000 - 6,000 rpms. (there was more left ) , it would run on the water for about 10 mins. and shutdown....
When you went to restart the engine it would only run at 1,500 rpms.... This happened at 3 different launches....
" I was hoping someone knew an answer on the warning buzzer ".... I think you guy's here were right last year , when many said the carb was running lean...Perhaps it overheated because of the lean condition.... Anyway there is no compression in that cylinder like I said and specks of aluminum covering theView attachment 18289 spark plug.... That was only the last time I pulled it , the plugs were fine after the first 2 runs ....
Would the rings have collapsed or is there a hole in the piston (seem's likely the piston if there is aluminum on them ) , I don't know....The engine was rebuilt in the boat , we had no alignment tool.... My friend also put new shafts , bearings , seals and Solas Impellars on it.... My $600.00 boat with 1 blown cyl. has turned into a bit of a nightmare.... lol.....

the engine can sieze with no overheat warning. I`d bet the ring land is gone from either being lean or deto.
You have to find what is causing that before you fire up another repaired engine.
you`ll know more when you remove the head...

start another engine thread with pics when you get started. Did you pressure test the engine when you were done rebuilding? did you reuse the old crank/bearings/seals?
so many variable to cause an issue...

scrap those iridiums plugs and run NGK`s. Iridiums do nothing for 2 strokes.

Hey Pale Rider ,
I didn't rebuild the engine an old friend did , he lives 300+ kms. away....
I asked him to replace and rebuild to a new Quality .20 over....
Everything was replaced (except crank ) with new after market Parts...

The engine still spins around and starts.... No compression in the rear cyl. ,
Plenty in the front ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back