1995 seafood gtx 657x low compression

Ccesar5.7

Hi there so I recently bought 2 1995 seadoo gtx 657x and when the guy sold them to me he said they were ready to ride, I was able to enjoy on Friday for almost about 2 hrs and then I toke them back out on Saturday and within 10 minutes of riding them, it basically just slowly started dying on me and when it full died it would start up, so now that I have did a compression test the front cylinder read about 135 and the rear cylinder was about 40 both spark plugs were shot and I looked into thr cylinder walls to see any scratches and they all look perfect, any idea on what could be wrong ?

You may have a bad gasket on the head or you could need a top end. Worse case the PTO crankshaft rod bearing is bad. I got a 657X fixing to go to the scrapyard, engine case, cylinders, mag, etc.... If you need anything let me know. I"m cleaning up and not keeping parts for engines I have no intention of building.

Low compression means you lost half the power

How is spark?

Many time there is a lack of spark for the reason not running, but low compression is just compounding the issue.

Back