1995 seadoo spi with 951 seadoo engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.W.R 96 xp 800

Check out this project.2013-08-03 16.07.41.jpg2013-08-03 16.07.49.jpg2013-08-03 16.07.56.jpg2013-08-03 16.08.05.jpg2013-08-03 16.08.16.jpg
I can see why seadoo never put a 951 in this kind of body style out into the market because it is such a tight fit barley enough room for the beast. I had to leave the pipe inside the hull then drop the block in otherwise it wouldn't fit. The electronics and motor are from a 1997 gsxL we call them 1997.5s because seadoo made them during the year that they already had a gsx out on the market. We also put the gas and oil tank from the gsxL in there as well. Also we put the info gauge from the gsxl on the panel where it gives you the option of adding it right next to the dess key the buttons to control it are under the stering cover. It also has electric bilge right next to those buttons. I also had to enlarge the jet pump area to fit the 951 jet pump. I personilized it a little bit by adding a 951 pipe extension and a skat trak racing pump and impeller and aftermarket carbs and flamearrestors. To tell you the truth I have not ridden that thing in 7 years I just got around to bringing it back from a long cold sleep. It needs the carbs cleaned and needs to be summarized but when that thing did run I got it into the 70s hopefully I get it back into the water soon so that I may enjoy it once again.

Just thought you guys would like to see it. feel free to ask questions or did anybody else do something similar to this on this website?

The 951 conversions that I've seen have been on X4 hulls. I'm surprised that the SPI would not have a porpoising problem at speed. I guess the power trim helps a lot.

I want a white pipe and manifold like you have there.

The 951 conversions that I've seen have been on X4 hulls. I'm surprised that the SPI would not have a porpoising problem at speed. I guess the power trim helps a lot.

I want a white pipe and manifold like you have there.
Yes the power trim helps a TON and you can only get white pipes and manifolds if you paint them or get them from a 1997.5 gsxL they mismatched the colors i have no idea why the block is silver and the exhaust is white.

The 1997.5 engine was white from the factory....not silver. :cheers:

All of them that I have ever seen have had a silver block and white exhaust and even if you google the motor up it is just like that. Anyway I guess it doesn't really matter its a 951 all the same.

The first white 951's are different. The headpipe and manifold are different also besides color. The mani is 2mm larger and the headpipe does not have such a large flat spot. They were high strung but blew quickly. The silver version is what they would have replaced them with.

The first white 951's are different. The headpipe and manifold are different also besides color. The mani is 2mm larger and the headpipe does not have such a large flat spot. They were high strung but blew quickly. The silver version is what they would have replaced them with.

ah that makes some sense now

Yes the power trim helps a TON and you can only get white pipes and manifolds if you paint them or get them from a 1997.5 gsxL they mismatched the colors i have no idea why the block is silver and the exhaust is white.

heck, If I knew it was THAT easy to get a white pipe I would have painted mine :)

Interesting build either way, i've only seen x4 conversions.

heck, If I knew it was THAT easy to get a white pipe I would have painted mine :)

Interesting build either way, i've only seen x4 conversions.

Yeah it took some time and effort but I wanted to make something that people thought would be a slow sleeper 580 but then it would blast ahead and people would wonder whats in that thing.

Those white motors were superjunk, along with the carbs that came with them. There were a few people that figured out how to make those early carbs work correctly. Seadoo turned the carbs 180 degrees than normal, and fought G forces with vacuum from the motor. They sucked.

But...as Matt pointed out, the 97.5 Pipe was and is still regarded as the pipe to have for a rec mod ski.

I have to chide you a little bit though..seeing the crazy boneyard you have you should know all this goofy stuff backwards and forwards by now...?

Thats a cool ride!

as far as the white 951. I went and looked at a 97.5 last summer. (listed as a 1998 GSX). It was silver & red. When I did some research, I realized what a one off engine it was, & after a little more research I passed on it.

I can't imagine the acceleration that little ski must have. Gotta be a blast. Its going to surprise a few people.

Thats a cool ride!

as far as the white 951. I went and looked at a 97.5 last summer. (listed as a 1998 GSX). It was silver & red. When I did some research, I realized what a one off engine it was, & after a little more research I passed on it.

I can't imagine the acceleration that little ski must have. Gotta be a blast. Its going to surprise a few people.

Was that up in Superior a couple months ago? I talked with the guy who bought it...he had no idea what he got himself into.

Was that up in Superior a couple months ago? I talked with the guy who bought it...he had no idea what he got himself into.

It was a couple months ago. It was just north of Green Bay. Originally was listed for a couple weeks as a 1996 with electrical issues, but had spark. When I got there & saw the white 951 instead of the 800, I knew it was not a 96.
I found no power on the accessory (bad MPEM) plus water damaged VTS. Compression was 123 & 131. So I walked away.
Hull & seat was in real nice shape though. I made an offer, but it was too low as I was afraid of the engine.

Seller relished it as a 98 & priced it around $600 & it was sold that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back