1995 GTX

Sounds like a bad overheating switch. If you unplug the switch on the cylinder head does the beeper stop.

So we took my 95 GTX out and it bogged we rebuild the carbs which we've done before on my other skis
I bought a mikuni MK-BN38/44 SPR kit and rebuilt the carbs however
Now the front carb seems to be flooding and the rear carb is not getting anything
And will not start even with help "starting fluid"
Yes it does have spark

Sounds like a bad overheating switch. If you unplug the switch on the cylinder head does the beeper stop.
I will let u know as soon as we figure out the carbs
We rebuilt them now it don't start at all
Front carb floods and rear is bone dry
It was a mikuni kit

Sounds like you have and issue with your needle and seats.
Follow the carb rebuild sticky.

You don't have a float.

You need to install new needles and seats (genuine Mikuni).

You don't have a float.

You don't have a float.

We got it all working now
Thanks
Hey I do have another question tho how can I tell if a oil pump is bad vs just has air in it?
I been messing with a 97 GTI
it starts but there's no smoke or not much
I held the pump wide open while it ran and it didn't seem to smoke any more or make any different noise

We got it all working now
Thanks
Hey I do have another question tho how can I tell if a oil pump is bad vs just has air in it?
I been messing with a 97 GTI
it starts but there's no smoke or not much
I held the pump wide open while it ran and it didn't seem to smoke any more or make any different noise
You could take the pump off and run it on a drill as per the manual or what I like to do with a new to me carbureted machine is premix a tank or half tank of fuel, replace the small oil lines and then hold the pump wide open while at idle and watch if the new lines fill up with oil.

Back