1995 GTX Pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PirateFan777

Hey, I am looking into buying a 1995 SeaDoo GTX. THe current owner says it needs new pump bearings, but when I called a dealership, they said I might need to get a new pump. I called the current owner also and he said that it ran fine, the engine just knocked a little bit. This will be my first jetski purchase if I get this and any help would be great! THanks a lot!

Stealership!....

Of course you have to replace the pump!..........that can't make any money if you just want to replace your bearings..........man, this just rubs me the wrong way when I see this.

Go up to the link up top, on the right hand side, ........or here http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/seadooforums/Seadoo_oem/Seadoo_PWC.asp?Type=13&A=31&B=22 You'll need parts number 3, 4 9 and 11. Which is, the double lipped seal, two needle bearings and one thrust bearing. You can use your existing thrust washer. You'll also need to get a bottle of your pump oil, which is a synthetic polyolester oil (maybe they'll have that for you, at a decent price) and some loctite.

All these parts from our warehouse is under $75 dollars.........closer to $50 if I counted correctly. I did mine a couple seasons ago and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do it but one that has either a mechanical background or can follow instructions from a shop manual............don't replace the pump. That's hogwash!..........:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back