1995 GTS Engine Turning over, Not Catching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a '95 GTS which ran fine (apart from a dead battery which was replaced) until I left the ski outside for a day with no cover in the rain. The seat was on, but when I opened the seat the next day, I realized the drain plug had been in and had allowed water to pool almost halfway up the battery in the engine bay. I dained the ski and then threw the cover on, but the ski would not start now a week later.

I've checked that the ski is getting spark (Brand new plugs and tested with spark plug tester).
The battery is brand new purchased a week ago.
The fuel is less than three weeks old, and fuel filter is clean.
The engine turns over and sounds fine, not slow or any knocking, also not misfiring.
Checked the fuses, all good.
Carbs were cleaned last year according to the last owner, but thats the only think I can think would be causing this issue.

I'd appreciate input, otherwise looks like I'm taking the carbs off.

You can verify spark. Check the electrical box for water inside. If you have spark pour a little premix down the carb and see if it will fire.

Used a spark plug tester (kind with a light between the plug and the connector) and saw a light when testing both plugs. I'll try the premix, 50:1 a good ratio? I've heard you just take a couple drops and put it in the cylinder.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back