1994 XP engine locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevlh20

I just got a 94 XP the guy didnt know anything about it so i got a good deal i tried starting it and it fired a couple of times didnt fully start then all of a sudden it wouldnt turn over it would go half way and stop. I could turn it back a quarter and it would go back but stop again i took out my spark plugs but its still doing it any ideas anyone?

It sounds like it could be a couple things. First look in the impeller area under the boat and see if something is in the pump area. If it is all clear, next go to the rear of the engine.There is a boot that covers the drive shaft to the impeller. lossen the clamp, and push the boot off the impeller shaft. Now with the plugsout see if it will turn by hand at the shaft. If it is still un turnable than chances are it has engine damage in the cylinders or it could be a number of things. If it turns by hand it could be the starter that isn't engaging on the flywheel and preventing it from turning over. Give these things a check and get back to us and we'll go from there.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back