1994 SeaDoo XP 657X, no spark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I recently bought an old SeaDoo XP and I knew there were problems with the spark. The previous owner said it probably was the Ignition Coil since he had replaced the MPEM. I bought a new coil and replaced the old one, but still no spark... I searched online for troubleshooting guides and read many threads like this but couldn't find anyone that had a solution to my problem. Later I found one place that said if sparks occur at spark plugs when disconnecting black/red or white wire from MPEM it was the MPEM, I tried disconnecting, and there was spark (finally), but does that mean I need to replace my MPEM or just re-wire some of it? I have tried testing the ohms of the MPEM but don't quite understand if I do it right or if I understand the ohm diagrams. This is my first jetski and I would appreciate some help to get it running again :) - Lasse

Sometimes the rectifier can cause a no spark. On my 1996 SPI (587 engine) the rectifier went bad and burned a diode in the MPEM. So you want to find out what caused the problem initially. Do some research on that. There are threads on this message board that discuss those issues. Good Luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back