1991 seadoo gt starter issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfulton20

I've got a 1991 seadoo gt with a yellow 587 and I did alot of work to it this season and finally got it running good, I go to winterize it and when I try to start it the starter spins but does not engage with the fly wheel, would this just call for a starter rebuild or new starter? I tried jumping the solenoid and its the same result, any help is appreciated!

Do you have a full 12 volts and a hot battery. If your battery is low you might have enough juice to spin the starter but not enough to force the drive gear out and yes you might have a bad or weak starter. Confirm electrical and I would say yank the starter for inspection and or bench test.

Do you have a full 12 volts and a hot battery. If your battery is low you might have enough juice to spin the starter but not enough to force the drive gear out and yes you might have a bad or weak starter. Confirm electrical and I would say yank the starter for inspection and or bench test.
that was my first thought so I pulled the battery and fully charged it, put it back in and still the same result, its a new this year agm battery as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back