1990 SP with white engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevlh20

Hey guys yall have been alot of help with my past projects. Well yall are in for a treat with this one. I got a 1990 SP not running. I get it open the seat and its the 580 white engine. It doesnt run obviously it has no compression in one cylinder and makes a really really loud clicking noise when it turns over. My question is should I rebuild the engine but if I do rebuild it would it run correctly? How could I check the parts to make sure whoever did the swap did it right. BTW the owner knows nothing of this ski. Thanks in advance!

small problem.....

We have a small problem here. The first SP with the white engine was the 1992. So either someone put the white engine in where it should've had the yellow or it's actually a 1992 SP.
Look on the back of the hull on the right hand side. There you should see a little plate. That's the H.I.N. (hull identification number). How about get that number and put it in a post so I can check the year.
As for the engine. From your description, the engine is shot. I would say to order a newly remanufactured OEM engine. Sounds like you have a rebuildable core, so your engine will run you about $475. I don't think you can rebuild or repair one for less than that. You'll also get a one year, no fault warranty on the engine......:)

Ok so I checked the HIN and its ZZN07913C292 I hope the last two numbers tell the year because it would be nice if it originally had the white engine. Thanks for your help!

Cool!

Well......then, I'm glad I looked up that engine. I was getting dumbfounded looking for this engine. When I did find it, I really believed that someone made the mistake of putting in the wrong engine. But then, if they did that, it should have not run.
Oh well, now you find that your Doo is actually a bit newer than you thought. You can buy a newly remanafactured engine for a small price as long as you have a rebuildable core.
I hope you get her up and running for a good price and remember, working on a Doo is easy if you got friends to help you do it!..........:cheers:

I'll consider this thread has come to a successful close. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back