1990 Seadoo SP with major flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyreece

I have a 1990 Seadoo SP with the following problem. When I go to crank it the motor floods with fuel. And when I say flood, I mean it goes into the exhaust, and spurts out of the plug holes if they are not in tight. I took off the carb, which is a Mikuni BN-38 round body, and there was literally a pool of fuel in the bottom of the intake. I checked the needle valve and it seems to be working properly against pressure and vacuum. None of the jets seem clogged. The big diaphragm under the round cover plate seems to be intact (although stretched out a bit). The return line to the fuel tank is not clogged. It seems to me that leaves only the stretched out large diaphragm (don't really see how) could be the cause, or there is another small diaphragm under a rectangular plate that feeds the main jet that (appears to be in good shape) could be the problem (this one would seem to make sense). I have ordered a rebuild kit for it that should be in next week and includes all of the mentioned diaphragms/gaskets/and needle valve which I think should solve any problem of fuel getting past the carb in large amounts, but any other insights or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back