1990 Sea Doo randomly shuts off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnoughAlready

Okay so I have had this 1990 SP for 22 years now, and just recently im starting to get this problem where it just at complete random, kills. Then I can start it right back up again and be on my way. The safety switch is fine, it works and none of the grounds are corroded. I checked the electrical box and everything looks great, like brand new. The guy even said (when I had taken it in to diagnose the random killing) told me it was the coil and amplifier set, and he had replaced them. But it still kills on me! So finally, we had to just replace the starter. We took to another place, since we had a bad starter, and replaced the starter. The guys at the shop even tested it by running it on the water for 30 minutes, and he said it was fine. He didnt want to tear into the electronics unless it had stopped on him too. Now ever since then, its been running and not killing on me. Whats going on here?? There cant be any connection between the starter and the engine shutting off could there let me know please I'm curious to see what you guys think!

P.S. I replaced the pump Wear Ring.. since it has gone bad around the same time it started cutting out.. And we recently bought a new battery for it, after replacing the starter. This is all the information I have about it recently. It has been a mystery to me and the mechanics! Let me know what you guys think please.

does it just abruptly quit (hinting at electronics/electrical)?
or
does it slow down rather quickly and die (hinting at fuel starvation via blockage of fuel line or vent)?

Rod

Dead stop

does it just abruptly quit (hinting at electronics/electrical)?
or
does it slow down rather quickly and die (hinting at fuel starvation via blockage of fuel line or vent)?

Rod

No it kills immediately, indicating an electrical problem. Like it is a dead STOP. But ever since the new starter was thrown in there its been fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back