180 Challenger owners with LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the LEDs today and installed them. Here are pictures of the ones I installed as the courtesy lights and also of the ones I'm going to be putting in the rear storage compartment and the glove box.

3022-BHP4.jpg

LPC-W2.jpg

I tried them out immediately, and they are quite bright without the covers on. Once you put the diffuser cover on and then cover half the light with the opaque plastic cover, they are not as bright. I think they will work fine. I'll post a picture later, after I take pictures when it gets darker.

Hey everyone..been off the forum for a bit doing military training.. thanks fro putting the courtesy light mod on here. I need to change mine our ASAP to LED.. I had been trying and trying to figure out how to get that old unit out and replace the Filiment bulb currently being used..

Here are a couple of pics I took tonight. The first was at dusk while it was still light, and the second was after dark. I apologize for the low quality, I had to use the still capability of my video camera. :(

bluelights1.jpg

bluelights2.jpg

Has anyone added light on the side of the boat pointed at the spay of water on the side. That would be cool to see that all lit up going down the river.

well.... I'll boat picks NEXT SPRING. all the white spay from the side of the boat will be lit up BRIGHT WHITE!!!!!! LOL

Tim, did you just swap your bulbs for the 4 31mm festoons, if so how are they going.

cheers Davo

Yes, I just pulled the regular bulbs and put in the LED ones. They have a chip on them which I assume takes care of the voltage difference. They're working fine, but I don't really get to use them much, so I can't actually give a testimony of longevity, though LEDs should last at least 50,000 hours.

I have been of the site for a while, nice to come back and see some good info out there. Nice work guys.

Just installed some LEDs in the c180. Photos inside would be near identical to Tim's. Here's a photo of the old & the new lights.

Attachments

• IMG_4196.jpg
    IMG_4196.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back