08 GTI 130 with 900hrs on it - should I buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeviant

I found an 08 GTI 130 with 900hrs on it in pretty good shape for a little over $3K at one of the rental places. No crashes, no scuffs, nothing broken other than the reverse handle which I can replace. the engine runs great, starts up instantly with no noise or vibration. The intake and impeller look good. The OPAS works normal. Instruments are all operational. The ski looks like it has not been abused an is in very decent condition, especially for the price.

I'm concerned with the 900 hours. How many hours are the 4tecs good for? I used to have yamaha and kawa 2 strokes and know that they were only good for about 500 - 600 hrs before you had to rebuild. I would suspect that 4 strokes will last a lot longer.

What are your thoughts?

Don't walk away, run away, 900 hrs. is way too much. Just think how you would treat a rental ski.

Lou

Never, ever, EVER buy a ex-rental. I don't care how good it looks. You've been warned!!!! :cheers:

3 grand? They could be bought as new left overs last year for 7500. No way would i pay that much for one with a bazillion hours. I have rented them before, i know what happen. :lol:

Everyone always talks about "what they do when they rent one" What do you do that's so horrible? You can't run the crap out of them unless they don't use the rental key, which I don't know of a rental place that doesn't unless you know the guy. If they run it aground or through the mud you will see hull damage.

Well, most people ride at WOT the whole time they are on them. They bash into stuff. I bet they have had repairs to look decent. You can count on cosmetic damage. I flipped a rental several times. Before I was on here and had any clue it had to be flipped back a certain way. You can almost guarantee it has had water in places it shouldnt.

Well I think you will have the same issues with anything used period. Most people don't take proper care of their watercraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back