'07 GTI SE 130HP - slipping clutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcogen

All,
This boat has 80 hours on it. We live on a fresh water lake. Until a week ago it was perfect. I've serviced it myself. Oil and filter changes, throttle body lubrication and cleaning. No worries. Then... it feels as though the clutch is slipping. I know it doesn't have a clutch but if I had to describe the problem, that's what I'd say. I thought at first there was something stuck in the water inlet. I looked and stuck my hand in as far as I could and there was nothing in there. When I go to full throttle from idle, it almost feels and sounds like it is cavitating. It still goes 55 mph. If I don't mash the throttle and just accelerate moderately I wouldn't notice anything. Only when I ask for full power from a standstill. I've looked under the hood (seat) and don't see anything obviously wrong. I'm mechanically pretty good but don't have much experience with PWCs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

Check the wear ring to impeller clearance, and compare to specs, something like 1mm. You may need a new wear ring. Service manual will show you the exact procedure for your model.

Also check condition of impeller. If all that is good and it still cavitates you may be sucking in air around the carbon ring thru hull fitting or around pump to hull seal or ride plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back