05 RFI starts hard when warm

tarrk

Hey guys I have a 05 seadoo gti rfi le, it had a hard starting problem in water, I’ve replaced the rv and valve cover and changed the filters in the gas tank. Now when cold in water it starts right up, when warm it has a rough idle almost a miss, and if u let it sit for a few minutes it’s very hard to get restarted, seems flooded or maybe just gets that way with all the cranking, compression is good.

Any ideas what to look at next?

Also I forgot when u put the key on it beeps twice but has a maintenance light on for a few seconds then goes away!

Did you check RV cover tolerances with a angled feeler gauge or solder method when you replaced the cover?

I did not recheck as my original was just barely outside spec with the same issue, I realize I should have but thought with new valve and remanned cover it would be fine

Understand that, i only ask because the manual states it could cause starting issues if out of spec. I wonder if it's a tuning issue with the low speeds but I'm not sure you have messed with the carbs, how old are the fuel lines?

I should have double checked that, i tend to stick to the older stuff but i am curious as to what you find when you do trouble shoot it.

Back