04 gtx 4 tec supercharged owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

tel

Was hoping I could get a connection verified on this ski. It's the one inside the front compartment that is behind the access panel towards the front of the ski. It's the one that runs to the gauge cluster. I am having some elec. issues but the ski runs fine. I am currently not getting any power to gauges, no beeps when lanyard is plugged in and motor doesn't shut off when it is running and the lanyard is removed (yes i did replace the dess post with a brand new one) however looking over the wiring I noticed the connection described above appears to have a different wire colors on one plug verse the other plug at this connection and was wondering if this is factory or if previous owner replaced a section with a different make/model.

The end coming from the bottom of the hull (harness coming from motor) has red, black, white w/blk tracer, white w/red tracer.

The end that plugs into this and goes to the gauges has red w/blue tracer, black, white w/blk tracer, and white w/red tracer.

The only difference is the red wire being solid on the harness from motor and then going to a red with blue tracer from connection up to the guage cluster I don't think this would matter but just curious it this is how they all are. And if someone could tell me when that red wire from the main harness gets power?

1.) Is it when the start/stop button is pushed without lanyard attached?

2.) Does it have power when lanyard is attached and no buttons are pushed?

Here's some additional info (sorry this is so long winded)

It was takin to a dealer and they told me he couldn't get the gauge to light up because the dess post was bad I replaced it but still no gauges. I personally don't think the guy knew what the hell he was doing, was suppose to program 2 additional keys but only one that works is one I got with the ecu that I replaced! And not sure if the new (used) ecu is bad or if part of the MPEM is bad. I suspect someone jumped it off a running vehicle because when I got it the ECU and gauge cluster was fried (larger fuse then should have been was found in the MPEM spot for the gauge cluster) and wouldn't do nothing so I replaced the ECU and the gauge, and the dess post, and still no gauges light up, no beeps, and no engine shut off when running and lanyard is removed. :dupe: (I don't want to be THAT guy trying to swim across the lake to catch his ski that didn't die if I fall off) so would at least like to get that part fixed! Can do without the gauges although would like them for the fact they display when you have a problem. I checked for power going to the gauges and I am not getting any so am thinking possibly the MPEM was fried also and is not sending power to the gauges and dess post but I am not sure and don't want to drop another chunk of change at the dealer. Part that stumps me is ski runs fine just can't ride without someone to chase the ski down if ya fall off lol. If anyone is near the Maumee Ohio area that has an 04 GTX 4 tec supercharged I would be interested in verify some things on a good working one. Thanks everyone again sorry so long winded just trying to get all the info out to reduce the questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
not uncommon for seadoo to add a tracer color midstream in a connector, what really matters is the main wire color.

the gauges don't get power until the lanyard is attached, pressing any buttons will do nothing to supply power, unlike the older 2 strokes that will power the gauges with the lanyard off when the start button is pressed. was a nice feature, not sure why seadoo did away with it.

Are you sure you got a good ECU? It sounds to me like your ECU is not working properly.

If you have a bad gauge cluster, when the lanyard is put on it will give two beeps, then a long single beep indicating it is not communicating with the cluster.

Last edited by a moderator:
not uncommon for seadoo to add a tracer color midstream in a connector, what really matters is the main wire color.

the gauges don't get power until the lanyard is attached, pressing any buttons will do nothing to supply power, unlike the older 2 strokes that will power the gauges with the lanyard off when the start button is pressed. was a nice feature, not sure why seadoo did away with it.

Are you sure you got a good ECU? It sounds to me like your ECU is not working properly.

If you have a bad gauge cluster, when the lanyard is put on it will give two beeps, then a long single beep indicating it is not communicating with the cluster.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't think it was a big issue without the tracer but was hoping. And no I am not sure it's a good ECU. Was bought on ebay from someone with a ton of feedback but that doesn't mean much I know. I know (well assume) that it's very possible that the ECU is just messed up in that area (no beeper, no gauges, no engine stop with lanyard removed) but would think that the ski wouldn't run very well. and I am not sure a dealer would be able to tell me if the ECU is bad if it runs fine just don't have the gauges,beeper or engine kill. I already donated 100 bucks to a dealer to tell me it's a bad dess post (another 80 bucks) and turns out have all the same issues. Guess I can keep using the rest of the season and worry about it next year. Thanks for your help/ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back