03 GTX SC Oil Warning/WHITE Smoke/Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

truk9

Just bought a 03 GTX SC with 24 hours on it and its not running too good. After sitting for a day when it is started up I get a Oil Warning if I push the RPMs over approx 2500. If I let it idle for 10 min and slowly raise RPMs it runs fine, gets up to 59 MPH. The next problem came up when I attempted to pull a wakeboarder (about 185 lb) out of the water. With full throttle it barely pulled him out of the water. The ski seemed to really struggle as if it were too much weight being pulled. Is pulling a 185 lb wakeboarder too much for a 185 hp seadoo? Almost instantly after he was up I got a overheating message so I turned the ski off immediately. Waited for a while, started it up and it ran fine with without anyone being towed. Along with towing came white smoke from the rear of the ski which would soon disappear after there was no one in tow. Checked the coolant level and it was right at the low indicator line. The dealer told me that my SeaDoo should have no problem pulling a wakeboarder out of the water. Is my SeaDoo under performing? Are these signs of a serious engine problem; damaged rings, cracked block? Much appreciation to anyone who could point me in the right direction?

It isn't the smartest thing if you get a oil warning light to keep ridding it an push the rpm to see how fast you can go...than an over heat, and your still riding it? Is it throwing any trouble codes? Push the set button 5 times and look for codes. I would fill the cooling to the proper high mark, and check the oil. Is the oil to the correct level? Is it the correct oil needed?
Keep us posted.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back