03’ GTX 4-TEC non-SC Info Center Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

killswitchone

Hello all,
I own a 03’ GTX 4-TEC non-SC. The information center does not turn on. Tachometer and speedo also failed to turn on. I checked supply voltage to the info center and I have 12V measured at the connector under the hood behind the access panel. Communication wires also checked out good. I don't have any burnt fuses nor loose wire connections. I'm suspecting a faulty Information Center. My problem is removal of the info center. I downloaded the service manual and read up on it. I tried using a suction cup but was unsuccessful. Is there any clips holding the info center that I'm not aware of? Any tips on removal?

Thanks in advance.

Info Center

The info center is mounted in a rubber grommet in the hood. Take a mid size flat blade screw driver and GENTLY put in between the plastic of the gauge and the rubber grommet that surrounds it. Using a prying motion will pop the gauge out from the grommet. Install the new gauge by pushing it into the gommet using equal force on both ends of the gauge. I coat the grommet with a little silicone pryor to installing the gauge.
If you can see moisture inside the gauge then it's bad. They say the new gauge has a better vent system that prevents moisture build up.

Good Luck, DAWG

Thanks Dennis,

If i remember correctly, the ski did flip under water last season. I do remember seeing moisture inside.
I will try your tip tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back