01 RXDI no spark

I’ve been working on this all season, rebuilt engine, started and ran fine then all the sudden I have no spark at either plug. Funny thing is, if I plug in the candoo pro and test the mag and pto coil I get spark. I have replaced everything inside the mag cover, stator and cps; double checked the encoder ring and magneto and it all checks out good. Plenty of voltage from the battery. I’m stuck now, any help much appreciated. Thanks guys

I'd look at the Crankshaft Sensor. If it can't read it, it won't fire. Since you are getting fire the circuit is good. You may have a bad wire. Did you clean the electrical plugs (take them apart). the problem has to be in the wiring? I don't think you have an MPEM issue but it could be. Know anybody with the same ski?

I changed the sensor twice, as well as the encode ring. I checked all the wiring and cleaned the plugs, even applied some dielectric grease. I’m not thinking it’s the mpem either because I have a gtxdi same year and I have swapped the mpem and still get nothing. Thinking it’s mechanical but that just doesn’t make sense. I did read that someone was having a similar issue and they tore the newly rebuilt engine down and just rebuilt it and it seemed to work…. Idk how that is possible but anything is with these skis. With that being said I was wondering if there is a way one could “mess up” the rebuild where the flywheel and encoder ring would be in a position where the mpem or cps is not getting a reading. I’m down to try anything right now.

I suspected that same problem with the sensor not reading correctly. I ended up pulling the flywheel and cleaning and sanding the perimeter. I wonder if there is the test where you can verify the sensor is sending a signal to the MPEM. I suppose there should be some way to determine. I'm not an electronics guy so that part is difficult for me. Gotta be some kind of milliamp reading. You're not getting a signal.

I wonder if the sensors are different lengths? I have a DI disassembled in the shop waiting for slow azz Tom to send me the engine. If you want any info I can check parts for you. I don't care what anyone says, there isn't anything mechanical inside that engine that is gonna cause a no spark condition.

I know you checked those grounds. You're wire may be breaking down internally so the signal isn't getting through. Run a new wire or replace the harness. I may have one.

On a side note, I do the opposite with the dielectric grease. I clean it all off. That stuff is designed to prohibit and insulate voltage. I don't think it belongs on the plugs. Might be nice when everything is new but I don't trust it when I'm having electrical problems. If you decided to try to clean the plugs, remove the rubbers... them things swell up and it is difficult to get them back in place.

I'd look into replacing the wiring harness if you are satisfied the rest is working as it should.

I'm not sure but I might have a wiring harness. I have, on a couple of occasions, had wires carry 12 volts when measuring with a multi-meter but so corroded internally they could not carry the current required.

So being that my last resort was to swap that wire harness out, I did and I’m banging my head against the wall…. It started right up!!! Why didn’t I just change that 4 months ago?? Dropped the ski in that water and it ran like a charm!!! Let me tell you, that ski shoots right out of the water when u give it full throttle, it’s such a fun ski. Thanks for all the help!!!! Until next time 🤣🤣

Back