‘06 GTX loss of supercharger?

Komo

I have a 2006 GTX that after having valve cover gasket/plugs/plug boots replaced, no longer has the “pop” or acceleration it had before the work was done. The repair facility has indicated that perhaps the supercharger has failed. Starting and riding is easy with no strange noises but as stated, the power band is no longer there. Pre work, speed was 60mph, post work, top outs at 40mph. Everything worked before the shop got it but now it's different. They are checking but curious if it could be something else.

Is it a 185hp or 215hp GTX? If it ran perfectly before they worked on it, I'd say they messed something up and it's unlikely the sc failed while they are working on it. It's a simple 2 minute test to check the sc.

215. I agree, highly unlikely it failed just sitting there so I’m coming down his street on this one but wondered if there was a

If you were only getting 60mph out of a 215 you already had a problem. Should reach 68mph.

Okay thanks. Great to know. It’s been at 60 for a few years since purchasing so assumed that was top end. Thanks all.

Back