Sea Doo x20 challenger idling high in neutral

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk111

Hi, I went out this weekend on my boat and it was idling fine until the second day. When my throttle lever is completely back normally it’s a nice low rpm idle. However, now it’s idling high as if more gas is being applied than normal. And there is a hair more propulsion. Is my cable too tight? What do the people suggest?

Specific numbers would help a bit.
I can’t get specific numbers. Just imagine normal low idle when the throttle lever is all the way back. Now picture slightly more gas added to it, but the lever is still all the way back.

I can’t get specific numbers. Just imagine normal low idle when the throttle lever is all the way back. Now picture slightly more gas added to it, but the lever is still all the way back.

Spec idle is 1100 rpm. Sounds like you are talking maybe 2000 rpm??

Check both ends of throttle cable. You may have a jam nut that has loosened and the clevice moved.

Check both ends of throttle cable. You may have a jam nut that has loosened and the clevice moved.
Yes. That’s exactly what I was thinking. I’ll have to check when I have time. Thanks again Tim!

Hi Tim remember this post? This year is the continuation

Hi Tim remember this post? This year is the continuation

Sounds like this could be related to another thread here. Possible air leak. Start checking your bleed hoses. They are old and known to crack or break at the ends.

I just ordered the service manual. Can you throw me a bone for now? Bleed what, air? Probably not gonna be those. All my hoses are in good condition, but I’ll check all of them in detail of course. Put that on the list. Are any of these “bleed” hoses hidden, under any shrouds or casings?

I just ordered the service manual. Can you throw me a bone for now? Bleed what, air? Probably not gonna be those. All my hoses are in good condition, but I’ll check all of them in detail of course. Put that on the list. Are any of these “bleed” hoses hidden, under any shrouds or casings?

They are black. Tucked in close to the block. All are on the forward half of the block. That is, ahead of the crankcase split. Just aft of the intake manifold. Hose nipples are kind of delicate, too. Just soft brass. With a hole in it, just to make it weaker. There may be hoses under the vst or starter.

They function to clear out gas that pools inside the engine. Clears the gas to be burned instead of being dumped overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back