Nipple in Engine Case Broken

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Ehhhhh... I got a broken nipple for the Rave valve line on a RFI engine. Same kinda fitting that works on the pulse line for the carb engines. Wondering where I can buy this fitting. I'd rather just get the rest of the old fitting out and tap in a new one. Help is appreciated. Here is a picture.

RFI Cylinders Installed (1).JPEG

I've had this exact same problem before and went to www.summitracing.com search for fuel line fittings, hose barbs, or weld-in bungs. In my case I drilled out the damaged barb and replaced with a bung and barb. Worked well with McGyver approach!

I've had this exact same problem before and went to www.summitracing.com search for fuel line fittings, hose barbs, or weld-in bungs. In my case I drilled out the damaged barb and replaced with a bung and barb. Worked well with McGyver approach!

GREAT LINK THANKS !!!! Which size did you get? Did you have to drill to a larger size?

I wish I would have seen this before I assembled the engine but the engine has been sitting over a year and I decided to build it. I was more concered with other issues. Ha ha. I was able to remove the broken piece of the fitting with a sheet metal screw and a pair of vice-grips that I made a knocker for many many years ago. I love that tool. LOL Anway a few taps with the knocker, tighten the sheet metal screw a tad but not too much and "OUT" she came. I thought it was broken but the length of the fitting is short. Size of the bore is (.256") I found some carb fittings in my pile but they measure (.240") I'm sure I could JB weld one of those fittings in there and not have any issues at all... ever. I doubt I'll find exactly what I need. I am a machinist with a lathe to I can be dangerous at times. LOL I'd hate to make one of these.

Sometimes you gotta go McGyver.. :D :D

Last edited:
Funny, I remember reinforcing with JB also, about 3 yrs ago. In my situation, I drilled out the broken barb "kindly", and enlarged the hole until the fitting would almost go in, then dremeled until a tight fit. JB'd the lip to the case, better than new! Can't remember the size, I'll look for pics. Sounds like you'll solve, MacGyver trophy!

Funny, I remember reinforcing with JB also, about 3 yrs ago. In my situation, I drilled out the broken barb "kindly", and enlarged the hole until the fitting would almost go in, then dremeled until a tight fit. JB'd the lip to the case, better than new! Can't remember the size, I'll look for pics. Sounds like you'll solve, MacGyver trophy!
LOL no need. I just needed some clarification. We think along the same lines. :) Thanks for sharing. Good Stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back