Lake of the Ozarks 90 mile race

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

abales

August 21st

Thursday, August 21st:
PWC Dam Run - 90 miles dam to dam

On-site Registration @ Buccaneer Bay (located next to Captain Ron's)
from 11:00-7:00 pm

Does anyone else know more? I only get this on a cached google page. Anyone in it last year?

I've never heard of this before, but I would imagine if you called Buccaneer Bay, they would have more details.

Honestly, call me a vagina, but this sounds ridiculously dangerous to me. Especially if you don't know the lake extremely well, particularly, from the 65MM up to Truman Dam, there are about 20 places you will run into less than a foot of water if you aren't veering to the right side, plus, it's gotta be busy throughout many parts of the lake.

That said, I'd love to do it!

I have not ran it in the past but do hope to do it this year if I can get my SC4-TEC back together. Here is the schedule for this year.--

Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Shootout PWC Dam Run ($100.00 entry fee to benefit Shootout charities), 2 meals incl.
9:00 a.m. Registration at Surdyke Yamaha
10:00 a.m. Start time from Surdyke Yamaha Marina to Truman Dam and back
To Captain Ron's (Approx. 130 miles)
11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. On-Site Registration on Cannonball Beach @ Buccaneer Bay
(next to Captain Ron's)
7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. PWC After Party and Dinner at Captain Ron's
8:00 p.m. Live Entertainment at Captain Ron

I think it would be murder but a blast.

We did a run to Truman from the 21mm last Sept. Was a very long day, only one gas stop at the 60mm, everyone else was closed. My RXT made it from the 21 to Truman and back to the 65 before it ran out of gas. We only had to tow it 5 miles. The GTI 130 my wife was on never ran out of gas; roughly 107 miles on one tank.

We did a run to Truman from the 21mm last Sept. Was a very long day, only one gas stop at the 60mm, everyone else was closed. My RXT made it from the 21 to Truman and back to the 65 before it ran out of gas. We only had to tow it 5 miles. The GTI 130 my wife was on never ran out of gas; roughly 107 miles on one tank.

There is a gas station at the 76 (Buck Naked) and then at the 81 (Old Oar House), and otherwise, the only other place is the 65 you mentioned at that end. I wondered how the gas held up, once you get past the 81 to Truman, that's a big of a haul without anywhere to fuel up, I can imagine a lot of people getting stung there if not careful.

I've been to the oar house a few times, we were hoping to eat lunch and have a couple beers, but every place we went to was closed. I wish I counted how many times the warning beeper went off before I ran out of gas. I even walked into town to the caseys general store to buy a gas can, but they had just sold the last one.
There was a place right down from the oar house, but they were out of fuel.

I've been to the oar house a few times, we were hoping to eat lunch and have a couple beers, but every place we went to was closed. I wish I counted how many times the warning beeper went off before I ran out of gas. I even walked into town to the caseys general store to buy a gas can, but they had just sold the last one.
There was a place right down from the oar house, but they were out of fuel.

Yep, just down from the Oar House used to be called Lone Star Marina, but they went out of business and sold the place to some people who turned it into 5G's Marina, however they don't sell gas anymore.

PS - I've been to that Casey's plenty in Warsaw, hahaha. We like to park at the public marina in Warsaw and go eat at the local greasy spoons and browse the antique malls, general stores, and all that crap. There is a repair shop about a block up from the Casey's as well that specialize in PWC's and ATV's (good info to have I suppose).

This year we're planning a lot shorter trip to swinging bridges were we can bbq, hang out on the beach, fish, swim and only be about 20 miles from home.

There is a gas station at the 76 (Buck Naked) and then at the 81 (Old Oar House), and otherwise, the only other place is the 65 you mentioned at that end. I wondered how the gas held up, once you get past the 81 to Truman, that's a big of a haul without anywhere to fuel up, I can imagine a lot of people getting stung there if not careful.

I found out after I made this post, that there is one more place at the north west end of the lake to get fuel. There's a place called Holiday Hills marina just east of the Highway 65 bridge on the south side of the lake. Can't remember the MM, but it probably around 90 or so.

this is what i found here
http://www.funlakeevents.com/
Lake of the Ozarks Shootout being held at Captain Ron's Bar & Grill August 23 - 29th, 2010 will bring the top racers and off shore racing power boats topping 196 MPH. The largest unsanctioned boat race in the midwest with over 100 racers and 70,000 spectators. Proceeds will benefit the Lake Area Rescue Teams and other charitable organizations. For the week long schedule of events go to the website listed.

Date: Aug 23 2010 to Aug 29 2010
Name: Lake of the Ozarks Shootout
Venue: Captain Ron's
Address: 82 Aloha Lane
Sunrise Beach, MO, 65079

im not planning on running but i do wanna go watch. my gf wants 2 go and while riding 2 up is ok on my small xp it is horriable if we try to sit with the engine off and try not to flip over. I might try to get a buddy to take his boat and go with him 2 watch.

I realize this is an old post but I'll throw my 2 cents worth in to those that were talking about the dam to dam run. A couple buddies and myself are going dam to dam again this year for the 4th year in a row. This year there will be 4-5 of us, all on GTXSC's anywhere from 2005's to 2009's. We always make the run on a Monday or Tuesday after school starts so their isn't any boat traffic until afternoon if any. The last couple years we've left around 7-8 in the a.m. and topped off at the gas station by the bridge by Captain Ron's. From there we run up to Hiawatha gas stop which is in a cove around the 68MM (most others are closed). Then we can make it up to the dam and back to the 68MM. From there, we shoot back to Captain Ron's for a late lunch and then get back home by early afternoon. We don't bother gassing up after the second stop at the 68MM. There is one spot on the river where there is a tree line running down the middle and you have to stay left for a mile or so and then cross over and stay right (we figured that out the first year). For me it's a fun day bacause the lake is so different when you get up into 'fishing country '. One year it was rather cold and we were getting hungry so we ran from the Oar House to Captain Ron's in right at an hour. 50-60 mph the whole way with zero boat traffic.

I'm going to tag along on this old post, too because I have a question about this and am hopeful that someone who knows the answer will look on here and respond. :) I assume from rhansen's post that this is a yearly event? (That was question #1). This looks like fun. How early in advance do you have to register for it? We go up every year to stay at a boating resort at the Lake of the Ozarks and are always looking for new and exciting things we can do while we're there. This seems like something I would really enjoy.

welcome to seadoo forums here ozgirl, im surprised someone from your area hasnt answered anything yet, i got to readin about it off old posts on this thread and found u out some info --- heres a link about it, looks like a lot of fun, im too far away though, take this info and make a thread of your own, maybe under off topic, then pm (private message) a moderator to move it to site news -- looks like a nice big event in your area -- once again, welvome to seadooforums --

http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/

heres a photo link from pasts shootouts - whole bunch of people

http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/2010photos.html

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to seadoo forums here ozgirl, im surprised someone from your area hasnt answered anything yet, i got to readin about it off old posts on this thread and found u out some info --- heres a link about it, looks like a lot of fun, im too far away though, take this info and make a thread of your own, maybe under off topic, then pm (private message) a moderator to move it to site news -- looks like a nice big event in your area -- once again, welvome to seadooforums --

http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/

heres a photo link from pasts shootouts - whole bunch of people

http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/2010photos.html

Thank you!!! :) Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner!

Back