Jet Ski Crescent Beach to Salt Spring Island

3ftDeep

A great jet ski run across the Straight of Georgia from Crescent Beach (White Rock), BC to Salt Spring Island. 72 miles round trip with lots of boat traffic. No wonder they call it "Active Pass". We left the RXP 215 SeaDoo at home, as the GTX 185 (a.k.a the "Blue Couch") is more comfortable for long distances and choppy seas. Of course the GTR 215 came along for the ride, and we made it in time for lamb burgers and beer(s) at the Tree House Cafe.
What would we do without our Sea Doos?
If you like our videos, please subscribe!
http://youtu.be/J7rn40oxCL4

I wish that was us! I know the video you're talking about, and we got Sea-Doo envy from that one. Unfortunately we're cold water riders up here in the Pacific Northwest.

We don't normally use navigation to get there, as we now know the way by sight. But when we did our big trip (see 15-4-50 video), I tried to use my iPhone 4S, but it was useless. Chris' waterproof Garmin GPS (for which he has a glove box mount on his GTX 185), did the trick. It's not the best screen to look at on a dark day (and is too small in my opinion), but it gets the job done.

Great video, what do you use for navigation?

Back