Fishing rig for Seadoo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mday02

Attached photo contains a trolling rig Ver 2 for a seadoo wake 215 I constructed from yaughting pieces from the chandlery. It attaches with just 3 bolts and does not require any holes through the fibreglass (uses the ski pole and the tow loop at the back). All Ssteel. A small platform holds the tackle box.

A GPS sounder is mounted on the top above the dash. Have an extra battery in the front to run the kit (and switching to provide a backup for starting if main battery fails). Went 20km offshore today and lost a barramundi off a lure. The 4 stroke is great for trolling and uses negligible fuel.

Attachments

• SV300014.JPG
    SV300014.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 485
Amazing.......!

Now this is the type of mod that I'd like to do. Fishing from my Challenger is kinda tuff, since there is no room for a trolling motor (I fish in fresh water creeks and lakes so engine is out of question).

The only thing I'd wonder about is if you caught something with some real weight to it. Don't you think it'd pull your ski backward to the point it could push down the rear, or do you just use the motor when they are on the drag to wear them down?..........

Great setup!

Feeeshin!

MDAY,
We have too much in common. Dude....I WANT THAT!
Check your mail please? My son was droolin when he saw your mod. We have some killer inlets here in NC, and that rig you have is PERFECT. Can we talk?
Thanks dude,
Gavin/FishinHatteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back