Converting 5.3 X 12 to 175/80 X 13

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bajaman123

Premium Member
Premium Member
Has anyone converted the typical 5.3 X 12 trailer tires over to 175/80 X 13 on a Shoreland'r trailer? Just doing the measurement on mine, it appears I have clearance, and my hubs are 5 lug.

I'll be trailering my Seadoos several hundred miles a trip, several times a year when I take them to Table Rock, where I keep my boat...as well as just back and forth to Kansas lakes. I've never had a trailer with the small 5.3 X 12 tires, it just seems to me that the larger wheel/tire combo would have less 'stress'.

Thanks!

Wow! That is a good looking wheel and tire!

It IS a little smaller diameter than a 5.3 X 12 which is 21.9" diameter when inflated, versus 21.3...but it seems like a high-quality setup. Have you had any issues? Have you towed them long distance?

Thanks!

They're 185/80-R13 load range D. Tires are the Westlake ones on their site. I did some leg work and it seemed rv guys liked them over all. I have been pleased with them. I got them, and immediately did over a thousand mile round trip, flawless. If you need any pics just let me know.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back