Battery for a 99 GTX LTD

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

andy.262

So I just got a new battery for my SPX and it looks like I'll also need one for the GTX now too. For the SPX I got the Odyssey PC625 battery, which has been spoken highly of in many places on the internet, this forum included. I also really like the side mounted 10mm bolts instead of the top mounted phillips head screws. I would like to get that same battery for the GTX, but the mounting location for the battery in that ski is a bit of an issue. The battery is just a little bit tall, and even though I can get it into the stock mounting location with some force, it's a huge PIA. Once it's in there, it rubs against that black plastic thing directly above it, not entirely sure what it is or it's function.

Has anyone mounted this battery in the stock location, and if so have you had any issues with it rubbing against that thing above it? Could I potentially change the battery mounting location, put it in the front maybe? It would be way easier to access there too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back