any1 in delaware to lend a helpng hand

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

99XPLim

Im in sussex county delaware. And went to WMF a few times. A waste of my time and money .. After 1200 bucks, Still runs like crap.

Rebuilt carbs, New fuel Lines, Jet pump rebuilt.
Now it runs on trailer great!!! but loss of 500-700 RPMs and full speed.

Im at a loss and tired of throwing money out the door for crap service !!!

Im in sussex county delaware. And went to WMF a few times. A waste of my time and money .. After 1200 bucks, Still runs like crap.

Rebuilt carbs, New fuel Lines, Jet pump rebuilt.
Now it runs on trailer great!!! but loss of 500-700 RPMs and full speed.

Im at a loss and tired of throwing money out the door for crap service !!!

I'm not too far from you in Salisbury. Have you contacted WMF? I've been up there a few times but haven't gotten any work done by them. I wouldn't put too much faith into Short's marine either. Not after the crappy job they did with my carbs.

I'm gonna bump this thread because I'm in Salisbury, MD too... My boat seems to be running pretty good, but the previous owner had it serviced at WMF multiple times. He gave me the receipts and they're all in the $500 price range... That's a lot to winterize a boat (in my mind)! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for other places to get it serviced or would just want to go for a cruise sometime... I know I'm taking the boat out this weekend (probably Saturday and Sunday...) on the Nanticoke, maybe the Wicomico on Saturday, I'm not sure...

Adam

I'm gonna bump this thread because I'm in Salisbury, MD too... My boat seems to be running pretty good, but the previous owner had it serviced at WMF multiple times. He gave me the receipts and they're all in the $500 price range... That's a lot to winterize a boat (in my mind)! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for other places to get it serviced or would just want to go for a cruise sometime... I know I'm taking the boat out this weekend (probably Saturday and Sunday...) on the Nanticoke, maybe the Wicomico on Saturday, I'm not sure...

Adam

Wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I met a guy down at the dock earlier this summer that just bought a used 98 and had a 97 Challenger for sale. I wonder if you're that guy. I'm just around the corner from the Wicomico and we're there almost every Sunday cruising or tubing with the kids. We hit OC this past Sunday though. If the weather is nice I'm sure we may be back out there this weekend. My fiances brother and father are sometimes with us on their skis. I haven't been down the Nanticoke in a long time. Are you loading at Cherry Beach or down Nanticoke Road?

As far as service areas, I'm not sure where to point you. I'm either doing things myself or have a friend who used to be a marine mechanic help or assist me along.

Last edited by a moderator:
We launched out of Cedar Hill, yeah. Thought about launching from Vienna and crusing down, but ended up just going there and testing it out on Saturday, then tubing with some friends on Sunday. I'm about 5 minutes from the Brew River launch ramp, but I hate the 15 minutes of no wake, and the Wicomico is a little disgusting with the waste treatment plant right there (that seems to always back up at the beginning of the summer). I don't know if you've ever launched at Johnson Pond, but it's a good size for tubing or wakeboarding or skiing or whatever. Plus, I've only been in there once when another boat was there and he was coming in as I was going out. Flat calm in there though... Like glass, it's awesome for wakeboarding. The Nanticoke is much nicer (other than the chop) than the Wicomico because it's got some nice sandy beaches and all. Wicomico just has the marsh edges. Haven't been to OC yet, but once I get a depth sounder, I plan on it.
I bought this boat about 3 weeks ago, so I doubt that was me that you saw. Plus, this is the first jetboat I've ever owned. Anyway, I'm not taking the boat out this weekend, but should be out next weekend and probably the weekend after that too (hopefully... if the weather is still nice...)

Adam

I'm also about 5 minutes from Brew River and feel your pain about the no wake zone there. It definitely sucks and seems like it takes forever to get through it. I have not been to Johnson Pond and didn't know there was that much room out there for some good boating. I'll have to check it out. I've been wanting to hit the Nanticoke down on the southern end but was concerned that a breezy day would make for a bumpy ride for my boat. OC is great but can get a little choppy on the northern end with a stiff breeze for my boat. There is a lot to see out there and plenty of beach to kick back on, not to mention hitting Seacrets for a bite to eat.

I'm figuring on squeezing a couple of more weekends in before calling it a season and winterizing the boat.

I hear ya... I'm hoping the next few weekends are nice. If you want to check it out, let me know. I'll go over to Johnson pond with you or out on the nanticoke. It is choppier than the Wicomico, but it's a heck of a lot nicer and way easier to convince the wife to go, since she likes the beaches. I'll send you a PM with my cell number if you wanna try either next weekend. We'll probably end up in the Nanticoke. I think there's some hydroplane races going on in the Choptank (in Cambridge) that weekend. A guy I work with told me about it today. If they're going on, I might head up there to check it out. Think that would be cool. I'm not gonna be around this weekend, but definitely going to try hard to go out next weekend. Give me a call if you wanna meet up.

Adam

Back