2008 Wake edition worth it?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

XSvt

I'm about to buy my first seadoo and i'm pretty much decided on the 2008 215hp wake edition. My point of vue is it offers everything the rxt has and a bit more for not much more money. I have no illusion about the quality of wakeboarding I can expect from the machine but still, I like the possibility anyways.

Anyone has anything to say in favor or against that seadoo?

My dealer is offering the seadoo at the advertised price and throws in the trailer and cover. Does that sound like an acceptable deal? Sounds good to me but what do I know!!!

Thanks !

Cool!

Sounds like a nice ski. I just went in to look at the new 2008's and this looks like a nice addition to the the PWC's. For $12,800.....fast, wakeboarding, attention getter..........I like it.
But for an opinion, I think it's too new for anyone to give an un-biased view. I like Seadoos, so I'd be the first one to say, with my biased opinion.....GO FOR IT!..............HAVE FUN!..........

Ah that is my dream boat(for now). Seadoo + wakeboarding what more do you want? where do you get it from? seeing you are from mtl...

Just for chokes and giggles, what is the price the dealer is selling it to you for? Most dealers always offer a trailer and Cover...to my knowledge. Did you price it over the border in the USA? I was just wondering if it might be cheaper. Is there a fee to pay if it is registered in Canada/ bought in USA...just food for thought. Either way it sounds like a super ride!

Just for chokes and giggles, what is the price the dealer is selling it to you for? Most dealers always offer a trailer and Cover...to my knowledge. Did you price it over the border in the USA? I was just wondering if it might be cheaper. Is there a fee to pay if it is registered in Canada/ bought in USA...just food for thought. Either way it sounds like a super ride!

As Karl said, could be a better deal over the border.
The US dollar is taking a downer at the moment.

And as above, its too new a ski to make a judgement on at the moment.
But its a powerfull bit of kit, and built for the job of wakeboarding.

Thanks for all your replies...

I know the model has some new stuff on it this year but I was under the impression that everything "under the hood" is at least a couple years old so somewhat already tested. Am I wrong.

I AM buying in the U.S.. I save 4000$ before I even start negociating! It's ridiculous I find but I'm not a fool, I'll take advantage of it. I'm not paying canadian taxes and duty either as I will keep the boat in Vermont. I won't take it to Canada.

$4000.00!! what a savings...Usually the boats model are used and abused before they are put into production to work out the bugs. Here in Florida the Mercury Test Plant used to run test boats up and down the ICW(intercoastal waterway), for months, 10 hrs a day to test the boats for reliablity and breakdowns. Many of the new models have a little history before they are proven in the public sector. It keeps the warranty and problem issues to a minium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back