1995 Seadoo Gtx, new solenoid, but still clicks.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hi, first post here. My 1995 GTX had a slow crank that turned into a clicking solenoid, replaced solenoid but still clicks. Got it to turn over twice by hitting the starter with a hammer which leads me to believe it’s the starter.

While it probably is the starter, it would be worth charging and having the battery load tested before pulling and rebuilding the starter. If the starter is the OEM Seadoo then definately rebuild it instead of replacing it with aftermarket.

While it probably is the starter, it would be worth charging and having the battery load tested before pulling and rebuilding the starter. If the starter is the OEM Seadoo then definately rebuild it instead of replacing it with aftermarket.
Yep definitely

It is an after market starter which kinda sucks, will be purchasing another aftermarket one while i wait to find a cheap, used oem one.

A used OEM starter with a good rebuild kit is better than ANY aftermarket starter anyday.

Go on ebay, find the cleanest looking oem starter and buy it. Order up a rebuild kit. Take your time doing the rebuild, clean the commutator contacts, put in the new brushes, grease the bearing surfaces, seal it up good and you'll be better off.

All my machines have rebuilt oem starters. My regular ride, 94 xp, was rebuilt six years ago and still cranks things over like new. When the machine was given to me, abused and destroyed, it came with three aftermarket starters and not one was a year old, none of them worked.

Back