1995-1999 Sportster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Stumpx2

Anyone got a 95-99 Seadoo speedster for sale around OH. I am willing to travel and will look at all offers.

Man I got offered over that for mine, but as much work as we've put into these things, it would be almost like selling a kid, or pet..don't you think?!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Totally understand what you mean by that. After putting in that much work to your speedster selling it would be like losing an arm.

Sportster for sale from Member

Yeah, so sell my speedster which is in excellent shape for 9 grand, then go find another, spend 6-7 on a good one, then spend endless days after work cleaning, custom everything, 1,000$ in stereo equipment only after I hustle around to find it, then weeks of install after long days at work. Redo the trailer, new tires, lights, paint, and TLC. Man in my opinion unless I was about to lose the farm, it is worth more to me as is, cause it is a one of a kind. Sorta like an antique car you've babied. The guy who wanted it was rich dude that the money probably meant nothing to..

Here is NSwilln selling a sportster you may look at:

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=22510

Actually 9000 is just what I need to break even. I paid 6200 for it and put 1600 into the audio system. Another 300 adding the second battery, new battery switch, quick charge ports and voltmeter. 300 For hydroturf. Then about 500 in fixing all the little shit that was broken. That is not even counting the 50 or so hours I spent working on it. It is all worth it to me though, now I have a badass boat that is fully custom and is as nice as many new boats.

Heck most worn out 98-99 speedsters are goin for 6000 to 7000 in horrible shape. The only reason I would even sell it is to upgrade to a 20 ft speedster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that would be nice to have a 20 ft man, but I would be tempted to customize it, and that would be another year of running around and finding speakers, hydroturf, cutting holes, fiberglass splinters, and money here and there....that is what I 've done for the last year with my speedster.. Hard to think that pretty soon it will be time to store it for winter..have not had it out as much as i would have liked because of work also...

Anyway show some pics of the second battery install!!

Yeah I am sure if I go bigger, it will get the same upgrades. I really dont plan on it anytime soon. Only if the right deal on a 20 footer comes along. I hear ya on not getting it out. I bought it with 82 hours on it and I bet i only put less than 10 on it this summer. I have had it out 4 times. I loaned it out to a buddy this week. I will get some pics when I get it back.

Yeah these things are a ton of fun when everything is working right!...Have you learned how to powerturn the boat yet? That's always an attention getter!

That sounds fun. I havent even tried yet. I will get more adventurous next year probably.

Try it!

Do it one time! It's freak'n addictive.. Just get on plane at full throttle... let off throttle a little bit.. turn full left..then goose it!! These things will not flip and turn on an absolute dime..It's cool when you have a passenger in the front and you act like your not paying attention and headed straight for the shore, then once the passenger has freaked out spin the speedster 180 from the shore of the lake...of course not getting close enough to not have a safety zone in case something goes wrong..

98 speedster for good price

Can't beleive there is a guy on this forum trying to get rid of a 98 speester for $4,000! That is a give away..especially since seadoosnipe gave it his approval on the condition... It's in lower AL. I think natiquelife has it for sale

Back