Stalling at idle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

MJD 16

I have a 2003 Utopia 185 with the 200hp optimax. I am having stalling problems at high RPMs as well as after a long idle when throttling up. Plugs have been changed, water separator, fuel filter and most recently the low pressure fuel pump. After swapping out the low pressure pump, the boat ran great at high rpms. However, after a long idle, the boat stalled when throttling up. After about 5-10 minutes the motor would start and I would be able to get in at dock safely. This has been occurring all season. I know there could be many things going on, but I was thinking of changing out the lift pump next to see if it solves the problem after a long idle. Thanks in advance!

Sounds like it is getting too much fuel and flooding. I never had a mercury, but my Rotax experienced that same issue where if it idled for too long and I gave it throttle it would bog down, but mine never stalled. My research all pointed to a rich condition. That's my best guess.

I have a 2003 Utopia 185 with the 200hp optimax. I am having stalling problems at high RPMs as well as after a long idle when throttling up. Plugs have been changed, water separator, fuel filter and most recently the low pressure fuel pump. After swapping out the low pressure pump, the boat ran great at high rpms. However, after a long idle, the boat stalled when throttling up. After about 5-10 minutes the motor would start and I would be able to get in at dock safely. This has been occurring all season. I know there could be many things going on, but I was thinking of changing out the lift pump next to see if it solves the problem after a long idle. Thanks in advance!
Hello, I got the same issue did you found the problem ?

Back