Small amount of WATER in hull after EACH ride - 2017 RXP X

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

LordX

Hey all - noticed that after each ride there is a little water at the bottom of the hull.

Nothing crazy - maybe one or two paper towels worth. But it is happening after every ride - so its starting to concern me.

This is a 2017, and I have never replaced the carbon seal - so when I called a dealer, this was their first thought.

They also mentioned that there is a new part number with a 'better' carbon seal than the original one.

Since I have had the ski for 7 years, and never done the carbon seal - should this be something I just DO no matter what? Then have the dealership check other hoses etc while it is there?

If the carbon seal is working like it should, and no leaky hoses - I shouldn't be getting ANY water in the hull when riding - right??

I always have a bit of water in the hull. I ride a 2012 with 330 hours and have the original carbon seal. It was checked by the dealer about 6 months ago and was told it should be good for many more hours.

I always have a bit of water in the hull. I ride a 2012 with 330 hours and have the original carbon seal. It was checked by the dealer about 6 months ago and was told it should be good for many more hours.
Interesting - where is the water coming from then? The seal?

Surprised the dealer didn't jump on the opportunity to replace it.

My worry is that I have a short ram air intake on the back of the engine. Really not a fan of water intake while riding.

You can try a leaky sailboat trick trick - take a washable marker inside the hull and mark around anywhere you think may be leaking. Take a ride, check for the smears.

Some water in the hull is normal. The water comes in from the front compartment when you go thru small waves (seal is not 100% water tight), some water thru the carbon seal that cools the seal (my 2007 GTI at 330 hours also on original seal), and more aggressive riding could have some water come in under the seat. I would just monitor if you see it get worse before I got concerned with small amounts of water. You could also just fill the hull with 2-3 inches of water on the trailer and see if any leaks out as well.

Back