Seat Back Bolt Insert Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

fierceseaman

Hello,

I’m redoing the upholstery in my 2002 Sportster. The bench seat bottom and back both have a couple of the bolt inserts that are stripped or the rivets have been sheared. I need to replace them but I’m having trouble identifying the correct part. The local Sea Doo dealer was unhelpful. Does anyone know the part or a suitable replacement for the bench seat bolt inserts? Closest I found online were something called anchor nuts or floating plate nuts. Appreciate the help.

I had this happen several times. I would not sweat it. The rear bench seat bottoms will stay down even with a bolt missing on each side, and with both of the automotive barbs not working on each end. If it makes you feel better you can put a couple of strips of HD velcro down. It definitely would not be recommended buy a professional to leave any bolts missing, but I wouldn't spend hours trying to work out the problem

Thanks for that information. I ended up finding the nuts that are in the back of the seat and replacing all of the ones that were on the bottom seat. The correct nut is found at this link: Floating Anchor Nut 25CrMo4 Zinc Nickel
It is called a floating anchor nut and the appropriate size is M6. For the seat back, I used rivets to repair the ones that needed repair. Because they don't get wet as often, they were in better shape. I appreciate your recommendation, but I had already done all the work!

Back