Pulling tubes and kneeboarders

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dennis21

Is it okay to pull tubes and kneeboarders from the jet ski or do i need to buy anything extra to do it where it will not mess things up

Texas law says you have to have certain sized mirrors OR a spotter on back. So the ski needs to be big enough for 3 people. Driver, spotter, and skier (for ride out and back after skiing).

THAT said, my Dad pulls me behind the XP all the time on a surfboard. Only one person can ride it at a time without it flipping over, so I take off from the beach, and then if I tire out before we get back to shore, I lay on the board and let him tow me back to shore slowly while I lay prone.

We do this most of the time in front of the Coast Guard station in Freeport Harbor, and they never seem interested in it except just to watch me get towed around. Game wardens will likely write you up.

thank you so it is illegal to pull people or you just have to have the right equipment. i have mirrors on mine and it is a three seater.

thanks,

Like the other guy said Yes.

You are 100% legal to tow a skier. Per TX law you do not have to have a spoter if you have mirrors. just dont run over your skier and things will be ok.:cheers:

I think our mirrors are a little bit smaller than law says they need to be, but I don't think they will get that picky on you if you are being safe.

I have one that I stick onto my existing mirrors on my challenger, that is 4"X8". It jiggles too much to see clearly through it, but it brings us up to "legal" status.

The wife can tell when I go down, and she keeps an eye on me enough to see when I "thumbs-up" her.

I think our mirrors are a little bit smaller than law says they need to be, but I don't think they will get that picky on you if you are being safe.

I have one that I stick onto my existing mirrors on my challenger, that is 4"X8". It jiggles too much to see clearly through it, but it brings us up to "legal" status.

The wife can tell when I go down, and she keeps an eye on me enough to see when I "thumbs-up" her.

I'm sorry guy but your last sentance may be taken out of context.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

this post is almost 2 years old, and now I look back at it and think..."I cannot believe I wrote that!!!".

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! :cheers:

I too, am laughing enough to freak the entire house out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back