Need Help, RXP overheating.... Shutting Down???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattr6vp

Hey everyone. Newbie here..

I just bought an 06' RXP brand new and I just hit 10 hours. I was out on the lake Saturday and it started beeping at me "Exhaust" and then shut down. I looked under the seat and it was smoking really badly. After looking into it more, the exhaust was very hot and the sensor was melted.
I towed it back, ran water through it in my garage and nothing happened. Ran great. Took it back out and it immediatly started to overheat again as well as take some water in. I popped the plugs and really really warm water came out. A lot of water actualy.
I bought this brand new 3 weeks ago and like I said, I only have 10 hours on it and now it quits. I called the dealer and they arent to eager to put this as a warranty item.
Can anyone help me on what to do?? I could use some help on this so I dont walk into the dealer and not be able to defend a warranty issue. Thank you very much and love the site...!
Matt

Definately take it to the dealer, and post back what they say. There is no reason why you should be at fault if you broke in the craft properly.

Take it in, then post their response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back