florida peoples

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hey we should set up a cruse or something around new years this year in clearwater or down in englewood i dont really care. Ill be bring my boat down around the begging of december. If anyone wants to set some thing up let me know.
:agree: I could do a day thing. Got a friend that has 2008 RXP and i might be able to get him to come along as well, but with family 'responsiblities' for us it would more than likely not be a weekend thing :-( and while I will ask to stay as 'north' as I can, I dont see why we could not meet like at Shepard's or MAYBE longboat key...

Know what, scratch that. Lets decide to meet, then decide where and then I will see how much wiggling I need to do to make it happen. I am interesed in seeing how much 'more' 120 hp is, in a speedster :)

well i can tell you 120 hp more in a speedster is it much. The boat only dose 65 to 70 depending on what is in the boat so its pretty much the same as the 310. I should have got the 310 then i wouldnt have to pay for 93 oct. Where did you buy yours from? I got mine from barnes and its falling a part. Seats are falling a part, the back hatch, the fiberglass has cracked around the driver and passager seats and the ski pole. I think the ski pole is going to fall off soon. Ya if we could meet by shepards that would be cool since my condo is by it.

well i can tell you 120 hp more in a speedster is it much. The boat only dose 65 to 70 depending on what is in the boat so its pretty much the same as the 310. I should have got the 310 then i wouldnt have to pay for 93 oct. Where did you buy yours from? I got mine from barnes and its falling a part. Seats are falling a part, the back hatch, the fiberglass has cracked around the driver and passager seats and the ski pole. I think the ski pole is going to fall off soon. Ya if we could meet by shepards that would be cool since my condo is by it.

65-70 is quite a bit faster than mine. Mine tops out at 50-55 depending on the load as well. I have to say though that the premium fuel requirement is the main reason I didn't get the supercharged version.

You should call SeaDoo if you're getting cracks in the fiberglass, that should absolutely fall under the hull warranty.

The only "quality" problem I've really had is all of the snaps broke on the bow seats, besides that, I've been very happy with it.

Bought used from a used Car lot... I was looking for a gently used JetSki (or two) and almost pulled the trigger on 2 2005 GTX's (NA) and drove by this beaut! One hour speed date later, I had signed a few documents, took it out for a ride (Sea worthiness test) and then to a mechanic (mechanical checkup), and one thing became two and then 3 and more.... Dealership did not want it and they also did not want to pay to have it fixed properly... I took 2600 off the asking price and so far it is worth it (I am up about $1000 on the original ask) but if I wake up in a cold sweat one more night thinking about something else being just barely not right...:rant:

Actually it is a great 'compromise' vessel. Two jetski's would have been one two many :rofl: and I would be steaming that it would be sitting idle (My wife is a fickle creature, even more so than normal females, and I say that with all the respect I can muster!)...

A buddy of mine (the reason I have this interest in SeaDoo and Jet's [ski and boat]) has done the Shepard's thing and that sounds great. Count me in. (and I will try to get him to go as well)

65-70 is quite a bit faster than mine. Mine tops out at 50-55 depending on the load as well. I have to say though that the premium fuel requirement is the main reason I didn't get the supercharged version.

You should call SeaDoo if you're getting cracks in the fiberglass, that should absolutely fall under the hull warranty.

The only "quality" problem I've really had is all of the snaps broke on the bow seats, besides that, I've been very happy with it.

Wow... now I know that the spedo is mechanical and subject to NaCl ingestion for believability but mine says just about a solid 45 (and one time I rapped on it and it jumped to 80). I think I need to do the wear ring on one engine, there are a few 'gouges' (gouges in the LIGHTEST sense... what is a solid word that means paper cuts/scrapes) I can see but I need to stop bleeding green for a few weeks...

Cerberus,

The speedo is not the tube type that salt water can penetrate. There is no way to ingest salt into your speed sensor. It's a closed electrical impulse type sensor that transmits a signal eletrically to the gage. :cheers:

Let me know when the plans are set for a get together. Count me in. I haven't had any real problems with my speedster, other than bad tach and blower switch. I love my 2oospeedster with 310HP.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
I am up in Tarpon Springs area (Anclote). I just got my Speedster after purchase and it then spent 2 weeks getting fixed :ack:. First REAL time out I put it in @ Crystal River (Kings Bay) and had an absolute BLAST! With 4 others in, we were spinnin' and having a great time :driving:. So along comes this yacht (if you asked me, I think it was about seven hundred feet long, but I may be wrong) and we hit some sweet spot behind it and ZING! we got air! After that little stunt all the kids were do it again! do it again!! :hurray:

So far I have been out (as mentioned); Crystal River (Kings bay, out to ICW) and Homosassa Springs River and out to ICW as well. Don't know when I will be out as my job affords me the ability to go whenever the mood strikes me but the plan is at least twice a month and at least one weekend a month with the family.

Cerb

hey man i ride in the tarpon springs area all the time you prob seen me around
nice to talk to people in your area you know

Chris, when you goin riding next? I like riding in the same area. Launch at Coquina and cruise along the beaches to Anna Maria to the northwest point at the sand bar! Nice views of Edmont and the Skyway! The water is beautiful up there!

Back