?check counterbalance oil 96 gtx?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hader1999

I just bought this gtx and the previous owner told me that the engine is noisy. He thinks the bearings are bad. I have seen online a guy says you need to check the counterbalance oil level. I don't have a manual and have not been able to figure this out. long story short this fellow told me that the gtx was flooded in the engine compartment and that the problem with engine got worse since then and he decided to sell it. I have not run the engine yet to see what it sounds like. I am new to the pwc world and am looking to enjoy the ride. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum. It is possible to have bad bearings. You should definately get the shop manual to work on it, which we do have here in our premium section.

Run the engine and let us know what you find. Check the spark plugs and look at their spark. The more info you can give us when you check it out the better we can help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back