Best Florida Rides / Tampa Area Rides

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Run43v3r

Hi all, I'm new to this whole thing, just bought a '12 speedster and am looking for advice on best places to ride in Tampa area and all of Florida in general.

It would be great to get a nice list going

Thanks

Thank you, those are great locations, I've neve tried the caloosahatchee ride, that looks like a lot of fun. That was a cool vid too. Iwold lov to make that ride some time. We're you with that group?

I have gone out a few times on lake tarpon. Nice big lake, great for speeding and making tight turns, nice smooth water. Couple of restaurants to dock at and eat.

Best before noon, starts to get crowded, but if you get there earlier, you have the lake to yourself.

Thank you, those are great locations, I've neve tried the caloosahatchee ride, that looks like a lot of fun. That was a cool vid too. Iwold lov to make that ride some time. We're you with that group?

No, I saw that and then planned one with a friend who had a four winns bowrider. The locks were very interesting, but after the second one, you just want them to be open when you get there. It is great that the whole ride is flat like a lake so you can go as fast as you want. The restuarant was not overpriced either.

The Causeway to Honey Moon Island lots of jet skiers there. I live in Hernando CO, and are looking for some new friends to ride with.

Ive always liked the Chain of lakes in Winter Haven (where LEGO land is). IMO thats the best best fresh water riding IMO.. Than like stated the inlet from the manatee river to sarasota.

Hey run43v3r. You still around the Tampa area riding? I purchased the same 2012 orange Speedster. Fun boat! We love going out to Lake Tarpon, but we have found that it is never really crowded. We were there on Memorial day, and less than like 10 boats actually cruising around. A fair number of sail boats (I think a club was out), but that is it. We enjoy going to 3 Rooker Island, but the crowds at the ramps putting in and taking out are crazy busy. Plus I like the fresh to make post riding a breeze. Basically just back it into the garage vs the complete wash and flush after salt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any other good suggestions out there?

not too far from Tampa is the Manatee river which connects to the Braden river.
There are 2 ramps for it, one off SR64 about 3-4 miles West of I-75 on the south side of the river and the other is directly across the river from it off 301 (I think).

Back