Battery Charger / Maintainer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrentonPrice

Hey everyone have a quick question. Have a set of 2020 gtx 230 limited and just bought a noco genius 2x2 charger / Maintainer and it charges a 2 amps. Question is can I leave the battery hooked up and charge with this or do I need to disconnect the battery. Thanks everyone

I have the same smart charger and IMHO you should not have to disconnect the battery. The noco protects against incorrect polarity and provides a soft start (no sparks).

If you do decide to disconnect, you only need to disconnect the negative terminal. It will be interesting to get other peoples input. I would not make this recommendation if you were using a old school charger.

It’s always a good idea to disconnect any battery when charging.
I have seen even expensive chargers short out and it’s not risking a ski.

Hey everyone have a quick question. Have a set of 2020 gtx 230 limited and just bought a noco genius 2x2 charger / Maintainer and it charges a 2 amps. Question is can I leave the battery hooked up and charge with this or do I need to disconnect the battery. Thanks everyone
Saw this on the web site..you should be OK "Beyond maintenance - It's not just a trickle charger, it's an advanced battery maintainer. A fully-automatic, worry-free battery charger for everyday use - 24/7 - with zero overcharge."

3.) Connect the battery charger into a suitable electrical outlet. Do not face the battery when making this connection.

This is from the NoCo user manual. Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back