Any Maine riders?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEAdooingFREAK

Looking for people to ride here in maine, thats as much as a fan as I am. Would like to start a club here and get racing up here? Kind of "underground" up here due to strict laws. Which by the way was challenged by a close friend of the family in the courts dropped over $40,000 in lawyer fees but fought and won the battle. Judge reviewed the law and said that it is incorrect and now is looking to get it changed:hurray:. I big first step in the right direction. Granted now he is the only one that can ride on the lake but still a big victory for us. I will keep you updated if any of the laws change as I will know first hand.

Maine!.....

Sorry, way to cold for me to come back and ride!....I lived in Brunswick for a while when I was in the Navy. I owned a sailboard (windsurfer) and used to take it out on the water. I remember, the first time I fell, like in mid August, I froze my bejebees off. I couldn't believe how cold the water was there in August!....
And the tide....man, I've never seen a tide that rushes in and out as fast as the one there.
I did also have a 4 wheel drive truck and for that, I say Maine has the best 4 wheelin country I've ever been in. And Sugar Loaf Moutain, I learned to ski on. You've got a lot going for the state of Maine, but I doubt I'd ever swim in that cold water again.........:rofl:........:cheers:

Seadoosnipe, you forgot to mention the great lobsters there! Even in Florida, we can get Maine Lobsters. I think cold water and lobsters go together...

ha wow you lived right next to me I live in bath well just to the south of it. Water is cold but you get used to it. Lake waters are like bath water to me. Maine has great lobsters fourwheeling, and now it needs to be jet skiing. we need a movement up here with the skies

Lobsters and beer!

Karl, your right, I did forget to mention the lobsters....Going out for a lobster there was like going out for a BigMac here. Lobster shacks everywhere. And Seadoofreak.....my ship was in Bath Iron Works....that's were I worked, but I lived in Brunswick. Used to head up to LA to party! Man, that was the happenin spot back then!....and of course Portand. Went to a couple concerts there. Saw Sammy Hagar and ZZ Top.........man, they rocked the house down!...I remember taking this ferry ride in Portland out to the islands.
Man, brings back memories.
On Tuesdays, when we got off work, we’d go downtown Bath to this little pub. There you could buy a Maine lobster with all the trimmings and a mug of draft for $5 bucks. Then, your draft refills were a nickel all night. Never missed a Tuesday night the whole time I was there.
I bought a rocking chair from this little Mom and Pop furniture store on the city’s main street (don’t remember what the name was) but it was so cool. Under the bottom of the seat it read, “guaranteed for 100 years”……
Yeah, Maine brings back some good memories for me!........quite the little party town!

haha wow what a small world. I am a designer at bath iron works working on the new ddg1000 destroyer. thats crazy. oh yeah I know all those spots maine is def. quite a party place gets a bit crazy at times. good times good times.

Destroyer....

I'm very well knowledgable of the new DDG's being built. We're building one of the new Littoral combat ships right here in Mobile. From what I've seen of the hull, it looks so cool.......almost a tri-marain (probably mispled it) type ship. It's designed for coastal fighting....but of course, in your position, I'm sure you know more about that thing than I do.
I'm in a member of a non-profit foundation that is trying to save and make into a museum, a ship built by Bath Iron Works in 1953. It was the first 1200 psi, superheated boiler propulsion system every built for the US Navy. The name is the USS Forrest Sherman, www.ussforrestsherman.org, and she's going to be berthed in Maryland, somewhere. We are still working on a permanent mooring..........
Yeah, it is a small world. I've been around the world literally twice. And when people ask me which country I thought was the prettiest, I always remember Maine during the fall season, so my natural answer is always Maine. If I weren't such a wimp to the snow and cold weather....I'd probably have stayed there when I got out.
I do still have a couple friends up there that I stay in touch with. One expects me to come up soon for a visit. I'll have to remember that and keep your user name in my "buddies" box and give a "shout out" when I head that way............mind you, it will be on one of those hot summer days!.....
Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back